The day featured the following
- National Marine Aquarium (that's right, the Plymouth Aquarium) outreach educational programme
- Ocean Photography and Art Exhibition
- Cornwall College Newquay - discover the microscopic world of the ocean
- Kids Craft Kitchen - special one-off ocean themed craft kitchen session
- Beach Clean with a Difference - create art out of the rubbish found on the beach. Beach clean at 2pm at Seaton Beach. Run by Rame Peninsula Beach Care group
- Sustainable Fishing - See what's available from your local fishermen, caught on our coastline
- Films, images, and information from various conservation groups including: Cape Farewell, Our World Is Blue, Marine Conservation Society
- Tea, Coffee, Cakes all day
- Film Night - Chasing Ice
On Saturday 29th June 2013, we celebrated our coastline and oceans with an exciting new event – Downderry and Seaton Ocean Day – featuring various activities, groups, things to see, do and get involved with for ALL ages!
Presented by Our World Is Blue, the Ocean Day was a gathering of like minded groups and community wanting to celebrate our most important resource, right on our doorstep – The Sea.
Thanks to Deviock Parish Council for their continued support of the event.